More about Mercy Flight at www.mercyflight.org
Mercy Flight Inc is seeking applicants for the position of Flight Paramedic
Employment Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Mercy Flight Clinical Base Manager
Direct Reports: None
Home Base: Western New York
Rate of Pay:
Starting from $26.08/hr to $31.48/hr commensurate with experience
Apply online at: https://www.mercyflight.org/join-our-team/
The position prerequisites and essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact James Wallace at 716-626-5808 x-1310.
Position Overview: The Mercy Flight Flight Paramedic will be responsible to uphold and maintain all of the duties as outlined in the “NY State Functional Position Description EMT-Paramedic” at all times. The Flight
Paramedic must be knowledgeable of all of these requirements and able to fulfill the requirements. He/she must set an excellent example of being “Mission Ready” at all times.
- Certified as New York State Paramedic
- Certified as Pennsylvania Paramedic (by completion of orientation)
- Minimum of three (3) years high call volume ALS 911 experience
- CCP-C, CCEMTP or equivalent required
- Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C) within one (1) year of hire
- CPR, ACLS, PALS certified
- ITLS /PHTLS certified
- Completion of intra-aortic balloon pump training (IABP) within 6 months
- CPR, ACLS, PALS, ITLS, AMLS Instructorships preferred but not required
- Previous Flight Experience preferred, but not required
- Weight 240lbs or below in flight suit with helmet and boots
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flight Paramedics are responsible for the safety, care and treatment of patients on both scene and
interfacility hospital transports in the air medical and ground critical care environments.
- Flight Paramedics are responsible for delivering the highest level of care to the critically ill and injured.
This requires proficiency in critical care and emergency paramedicine, aligned with the ability to
adapt as necessary for the management of patients in the aircraft during flight.
- Flight Paramedics are assessed at initial interview, are required to complete and successfully pass initial
orientation, and are tested on a recurrent basis to maintain skill set and knowledge base.
- Flight Paramedics are held to the highest standards of clinical care and professionalism at all times.
- During Air Medical Operations reports to: Pilot in Command (Aviation related tasks)